This conference was held at Brussels under the auspices of the General Secretary of the Arab League Dr. Ismat Abdel Majid.
The axes of the conference has stressed on the following:
- The Arabic –European Dialogue
- The Arabic –European political relations
- The Arabic-European security relations
- The Arabic –European economical relations
- The Arabic –European commerce monetary relations
- The Arabic-European social cultural relations
- The Islamic – European Dialogue
- The European Union and the Arabic masses.
The recommendations of the conference called upon establishing a real political dialogue between the Arabs and the Europeans with respecting the privacy and the choices of each side.
The recommendations condemned the European – Mediterranean partnership because it puts aside some Arabic countries while it tries to normalize the relation with Israel despite its occupation for Arabic lands.
The recommendations called upon the necessary of making the Middle East region free from weapons of total destruction and to give the Arabs the modern technology and to correct the commercial balance by establishing a real dialogue on the religious, cultural and informative level between the Islam and the West.